Skip to main content

Cisco Unveils Nexus 7000 Series

Support for up to 256 10 Gigabit Ethernet or 384 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports in a single 10-slot chassis

• A fully modular and fully redundant 10-slot chassis with front-to-back airflow and integrated cable management

• Dual dedicated supervisor modules, providing exceptional high-availability features with no service interruptions even during hardware and software upgrades

• Highly scalable fabric architecture supporting up to five fabric modules for load-balanced, fault-tolerant operation and designed to deliver 230 Gbps per slot of bandwidth at release, with future support for more than 500 Gbps per slot

• Virtual output queuing and Fabric Arbitration, deliver quality of service (QoS) and fairness across all ports, even during congestion, and provide the basis for future unified I/O

• Integrated security hardware support for Cisco TrustSec, providing data confidentiality while simplifying and scaling access control

• Fully distributed forwarding engines, providing scalable packet processing and forwarding

• Three load-sharing power supply modules, allowing either 110V or 220V AC inputs. With 220V AC inputs these power supplies will deliver fault tolerance for a fully loaded chassis with worst-case N+1 and grid redundancy


Popular posts from this blog

CompTIA+

Sometimes you just need a good distraction, and I randomly got the urge to study for an exam;  something I haven't done in years. I decided to look into network security and started watching some CompTIA training videos, and...it was all a bit too familiar. Apparently the search continues.

Juniper IS-IS summary

##################################################################################################### ## ISIS ##################################################################################################### # Be sure to set family iso on the interface to be placed into ISIS set interfaces <interface> family iso # By default Junos places interfaces as L1/L2 # Default route leaking:         L1 to L2 - all internal routes         L2 to L1 - 0/0 route # L1/L2 will send the attached-bit down to L1 and it will act as a NSSA-like area.  When the L1 interface # receives the attached-bit it will inject a 0/0 route into the RIB point to the L1/L2 interface. # To disable the attached bit use: set protocols isis ignore-attached-bit # Be careful with the "interface all" command, as it may have some unexpected consequences such as trying # to establish a neighbor on your fxp0 management...

The thing I didn't see coming

I keep forgetting I have this blog. But today felt like the right time to write something - something a bit more personal than usual. I want to talk about burnout. A while back I was deep in a very large infrastructure project. What started as a technical role slowly turned into something much broader - I found myself handling bits of legal, commercial negotiations, RFP work, supplier discussions. A lot of moving parts. And somewhere along the way, I realised I was doing most of it on my own. The late nights started adding up. Long calls with suppliers making sure the bill of materials was right, checking the solution actually held together end to end, always that nagging feeling that something had been missed somewhere. It just kept going. And then something shifted in me. It's hard to describe. I'd never experienced anything like it before - burnout, anxiety, call it what you want - but it hit me in a way I really wasn't prepared for. I've always been someone who...