Skip to main content

IPv6 on LT interfaces

I got this strange behaviour where the IPv6 doesn't work correctly or not working at all on LT interfaces.


http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/concept/logical-systems-restrictions.html


Logical systems have the following operations and restrictions:

* You can configure only Frame Relay interface encapsulation on a logical tunnel interface (lt-) when it is configured with an IPv6 address.

So if you are using Logical Systems on Juniper and you have to do IPv6 labs avoid encapsulation ethernet.

Example


root@jnlab# show
interfaces {
    lt-2/2/0 {
        unit 46 {
            encapsulation frame-relay;
            dlci 100;
            peer-unit 45;
            family inet {
                address 172.27.0.58/30;
            }
            family inet6 {
                address 2008:4489:0:0::1/64;
            }
        }
    }
}


root@jnlab# run ping 2008:4489::2 logical-system c1  
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2008:4489::1 --> 2008:4489::2
16 bytes from 2008:4489::2, icmp_seq=0 hlim=64 time=0.427 ms
16 bytes from 2008:4489::2, icmp_seq=1 hlim=64 time=0.281 ms
^C
--- 2008:4489::2 ping6 statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/std-dev = 0.281/0.354/0.427/0.073 ms



Popular posts from this blog

CompTIA+

Sometimes you just need a good distraction, and I randomly got the urge to study for an exam;  something I haven't done in years. I decided to look into network security and started watching some CompTIA training videos, and...it was all a bit too familiar. Apparently the search continues.

Juniper IS-IS summary

##################################################################################################### ## ISIS ##################################################################################################### # Be sure to set family iso on the interface to be placed into ISIS set interfaces <interface> family iso # By default Junos places interfaces as L1/L2 # Default route leaking:         L1 to L2 - all internal routes         L2 to L1 - 0/0 route # L1/L2 will send the attached-bit down to L1 and it will act as a NSSA-like area.  When the L1 interface # receives the attached-bit it will inject a 0/0 route into the RIB point to the L1/L2 interface. # To disable the attached bit use: set protocols isis ignore-attached-bit # Be careful with the "interface all" command, as it may have some unexpected consequences such as trying # to establish a neighbor on your fxp0 management...

The thing I didn't see coming

I keep forgetting I have this blog. But today felt like the right time to write something - something a bit more personal than usual. I want to talk about burnout. A while back I was deep in a very large infrastructure project. What started as a technical role slowly turned into something much broader - I found myself handling bits of legal, commercial negotiations, RFP work, supplier discussions. A lot of moving parts. And somewhere along the way, I realised I was doing most of it on my own. The late nights started adding up. Long calls with suppliers making sure the bill of materials was right, checking the solution actually held together end to end, always that nagging feeling that something had been missed somewhere. It just kept going. And then something shifted in me. It's hard to describe. I'd never experienced anything like it before - burnout, anxiety, call it what you want - but it hit me in a way I really wasn't prepared for. I've always been someone who...